What are Tonsils and Adenoids?
Your tonsils and adenoids are part of your lymphatic system. Your tonsils are in the back of your throat and your adenoids are higher up, behind your nose.
How do Tonsils and Adenoids affect us?
They are the first line of defense against infections entering through the naso-oral route. They trap harmful bacteria and viruses that you breathe in or swallow and also produce antibodies to help your body fight infections better. Unlike Tonsils which remain active for long, Adenoids usually shrink after about age 5 and practically disappear by the teenage years.
- Influenza virus
- Epstein-Barr virus H
- Herpes simplex virus
- Group A ß – hemolytic streptococci (GABHS)
- Neisseria gonorrhea
- Haemophilusinfluenzae Type B
- Fungal & Parasitic infections
- Cigarette smoke
- Allergens – Dust, Pollen, Pollution, Pets, Dander, Construction or road dust.
- Weather conditions – Winter, Rainy
- Cold drinks, Ice creams, Fruits – Banana, Pineapple, Grapes, Water melons, Junk food etc.
Symptoms of enlarged Tonsils and Adenoids:
The main symptoms are sore throat, dry cough, pain on swallowing and fever. The tonsils will look inflamed, red and may have flecks of pus.
The main symptoms are nasal stuffiness, discharge and obstruction. Since enlarged adenoids block the passage of air from the nose, children experience difficulty in breathing, will breathe with their mouth open, may snore at night and experience disturbed sleep.
Why Surgery should be avoided?
- Tonsils and adenoids may be considered as the first line of defense against infection entering through the mouth and nose.
- Removal of the tonsils and adenoids may resolve immediate discomfort. However, your susceptibility to catch colds and throat infections does not reduce. A poor immune response to allergens, viruses and infection may continue to exist even after surgery.
- Research shows that removal of tonsils and adenoids does not impact future immunity. However, the reason for repeated attacks is poor immunity. Therefore, improving this immune response is crucial in saving the tonsils and adenoids.
- Enlarged adenoids and tonsils are a concern in young children as they can be a major source of recurrent infections like sore throat, middle ear infections and sinusitis. This can majorly affect the health and growth of small children in more than one way.
- Homeopathy offers a very safe and effective way to cure enlarged adenoids and tonsils and can save the little ones from the surgeon’s knife.
- Homeopathic philosophy has always stood by the view that whenever possible the tonsils and adenoids should be saved as they are an important defense tissue of our body and provide the children with the much required Immunity.
- Specialized homeopathic treatments based on an individual’s signs and symptoms does help in boosting immune responses, lowering recurrent infection and susceptibility to allergens, as well as preventing surgery in most cases.
- There are no side effects, the cure will be permanent.
Name – Raj (Name Changed) Male, 6yrs, Child, Case no. – xx45
My son was suffering from repeated attacks of tonsillitis since 1year. We had tried all kinds of treatment but his conditions used to get relieved only for a short while then again he started to get this problem again. The only option the doctors gave was to operate his tonsils then as a last resort we came here, now it’s been 6mnths my son is completely better not only his tonsillitis got better but even started to get a good resistance for the things which used to make him sick now and then. His complaint of Tonsillitis is completely cured even the relapses are not seen so frequent. We are very happy with the treatment here and to see our son so healthy.
Father – Mr. Kumar
Doctor’s Inference – Raj used to have this complaint of Tonsillitis very often, We started to analyze his case, he was very sensitive to Cold drinks, Ice creams, fruits, slight change of weather, his resistance was poor – any child who was sick in school he used to get this problem. Normally a child would not be so sensitive. The reason here is his immune system was very weak, this was because he was put on high doses of antibiotics and other conventional medicines which only nullified the infection which occurred after he got tonsillitis but at what cost, his own immunity started to get weak due to strong medication. His tonsils were always enlarged inspite of no inflammatory process. Human body is made in such a way that that it can treat and cure it’s diseased organ/part by itself with the help of its immune defense mechanism. But here the medicines check the immune responses and decrease the WBCs which help the body and they only kill the microbes. Here we need to understand why his tonsils are being targeted by microbes or why is his body showing a favourable environment for microbes to grow. We all know that there are millions of microbes which enter our mouth day in day out but, why is it that we do not fall sick or why not all get Tonsillitis, this is where Homeopathy has an edge over other systems of medicine. In Homoeopathy we just do not treat Raj’s Tonsil problem but we treat Raj by himself by which his tonsils also get covered. In a human body everything is linked and channelized together and run in an orderly fashion, if anything has to get disordered then the main centers has to get disordered first only then at the periphery flaw can arise, So what can we get here is – Unless and until Raj falls sick or feels uneasy only then his Tonsils can be infected.