Asthma is a common long-term condition that can cause a cough, wheezing, and breathlessness. The severity of the symptoms varies from person to person.
Bangalore – City of Allergy
May 2012 – 25% Bangalore children have asthma, Changing demographics, ever-increasing air pollution, air-conditioned houses and offices and different dietary habits have increased the prevalence of asthma – one of the most dangerous respiratory disorders – in Bangalore. A study by the Institute of Medical Education and Research in Bangalore– reported asthma prevalence in adults at 3.47% in 2011. About 10% adults in Bangalore are said to be suffering from asthma.
What is asthma?
Asthma occurs when the small bronchial air passages in the lungs become inflamed, partially obstructed with phlegm, or tightened due to spasm of the muscle surrounding them. The clinical Hallmark is wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
Asthma & Children
Babies in their first year of life are prone to the characteristic wheezing sound due to their small air passages. As they grow older the air passages enlarge and the wheezing stops. However 50% of new cases of asthma occur in children below 10 years of age. It is therefore advisable not to overlook your child’s condition, as it could lead to a build-up of a chronic, severe illness.
Asthma & Eczema
Asthma in certain individuals may be associated or may alternate with inflammation of the skin e.g. eczema or atopic dermatitis.
What are the causes for Asthma?
- Genetic predisposition: A positive family history of asthma and allergies may predispose you to asthma.
- Common triggers: House dust mites, animal fur, pollen, tobacco smoke, exercise, cold air and chest infections.
- Irritants: Smoke, pollution, changes in weather and strong odors.
- Respiratory infection, especially viral.
- Anxiety or stress may precipitate an attack.
- In Children: Nocturnal attacks are often associated with house dust mites and pets inthe child’s bedroom.
- Other: Medicines such as aspirin and beta-blockers, sulfites in food or beverages(wine)
Signs and symptoms:
- Characteristic wheezing sound in relation to breathing in and out.
- Cough and difficulty in breathing.
- Tachycardia or fast pulse.
- Nocturnal attacks.
- Symptoms are usually worse at night and in the early morning or in response to exercise or cold air.
Precautions to be taken:
- Identify and avoid asthma triggers.
- Monitor your breathing. You may learn to recognize warning signs of an impending attack, such as slight coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath.
Diet which should be followed:
- Be Sure to Get Enough Vitamin B6:Dramatically reduce the intensity and frequency of asthma attacks. Abundant in bananas, helps relax bronchial smooth muscle tissue.
- Load on Foods That Contain Vitamin C and E: reduce histamine release in the body and make histamine break down faster.
- Eat Plenty of Foods That Contain Quercetin:Anti-inflammatory properties, Include apples, yellow and red onions, red grapes, cherries, citrus fruits, red wine, tea, and many berries including raspberries, and cranberries.
- Limit Omega-6 Fats, Increase Intake of Omega-3 Fats: walnuts, soybeans, flaxseeds, and cold water fish like salmon, cod, and halibut.
- Consume Foods High in Carotenoids: Combats free radicals which cause contraction of airway smooth muscles. Eg:-tomatoes, apricots, pink grapefruit, watermelon, and pink guavas.
- Avoid Food Additives and Preservatives: Eg:- canned vegetables, confectionery, soft drinks, sauces, chips, candy, cereals, instant soups, rice, pastas, butter, cheese and pickled products.
- In no other system of medicine there is complete cure for Asthma. Only through homoeopathy we can completely cure Asthma.
- Advantages by taking homoeopathic treatment:
Name – Kavitha (Name Changed) Female, 6yrs, child, Case no – xx80
Asthma, a condition often labeled as incurable and chronic can be cured if treated with Homeopathic medicines. Cases of recent origin and those affecting children have shown encouraging curative results and chronic, advanced cases experience noticeable reduction in the intensity and reoccurrence of the attacks.
If you are heavily dependent on bronchodilators or inhalers Homeopathic treatment will help you fight the precipitating factors (allergen), thereby making you less dependent on those medications.
Conditions such as poor resistance to climatic changes, recurrent colds / sinusitis and atopic dermatitis (skin affection) can be effectively cured during the course of the treatment.
My daughter was suffering from Bronchial asthma since 2-3yrs now, she had this rare problem of Choco allergy with her, the moment she has chocolates or any product which had choco in it, triggered her asthma and she started to have choking for breath. Apart from this allergy she even had this Tonsillitis and adenoid problem which later would give rise to cough and asthma with wheezing. She used to get this wheezing with a slight change of weather, dust, chocolates, cold drinks and many others. Once we came here to Victory Homoeo Specialty clinic my child’s problem of Asthma is getting much better, now the relapses have become very occasional and the intensity is very minimal. Her allergy to Choco has completely vanished now she eats chocolates almost every day and plenty in number but still there is no relapse or attack. The chocolate allergy got better with just the first course of medicine for a month now it’s been 4mnths and her wheezing and Tonsils complaint too have got resolved and she is now more active and healthier.
Father – Suresh
Name – Rehman (Name Changed) Male, 4yrs, child, Case no – xx86
My son was suffering from asthma as young when he was just 6mnths old. He used to get wheezing almost every other week. At a very young age he was put up on Inhalers and even got him nebulised very often. His complaints used to start with cold and then cough almost every day with a lot of rattling in chest and vomiting with fever. As a child even I suffered from asthma, so I did not want my son to suffer the way I had during that period and as parents were not very happy with the treatment and giving him inhalers as they had steroids in them so we came across Victory Homoeo Speciality clinic, we knew Homoeopathy would be safe but thought it would be a slow process of healing, then once we came here to my astonishment my son’s problem of wheezing and asthma just got so better and so fast in just few days and months he started improving very well and the frequent relapses was also at bay. Now it’s been about 1.5yrs his asthma is completely cured and he falls sick with just a slight cold or cough once a while like any child but would not progress to a wheeze as before. One thing I would want to stress the parents that Homoeopathy is not slow, it’s a wrong notion or ideas which people have so do not think twice, just go for Homoeopathy for a faster and permanent solution and cure for your children.