Eczema is a recurring, non-contagious, inflammatory skin condition characterized by dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema
(swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding.
Homoeopathy to treat Eczema
Eczema appears due to an improper immune reaction in which the body fails to respond appropriately to stimuli. This improper immune reaction is due to susceptibility to certain stimuli, can vary from person to person and even with intensity. When the susceptibility is more, the immune reaction is more, it leads an active stage of your eczema with symptoms like redness, itching, discharges, bleeding spots, burning and many other acute symptoms and when your susceptibility is low, immune response is also low, it causes a state where the healing becomes slow and skin starts to get more dry, thick with lichen formation with itching. So, to treat this condition we need to prescribe an internal Homoeopathic medicine which considers the overall susceptibility of the individual to factors such as family history (genetic predisposition), sensitivity to certain food, allergens, metals and chemicals and which is capable of correcting those factors. You cannot treat this condition by simply applying lotions and creams, externally.
Only in Homoeopathy there is complete cure of eczema and prevention of frequent relapses without any side effects, by administering only internal Homoeopathic medicine and NO external applications or any Steroids and immune suppressors.
- Atopic eczema: is an allergic disease believed to have a hereditary component and often runs in families whose members also have asthma. Itchy rash is particularly noticeable on head and scalp, neck, inside of elbows, behind knees, and buttocks
- Contact dermatitis: is of two types: a)Allergic (resulting from a delayed reaction to some allergen, such as poison ivy or nickel), b) irritant (resulting from direct reaction to a detergent, such as sodium lauryl sulfate, for example).
- Xerotic eczema: is dry skin that becomes so serious it turns into eczema. It worsens in dry winter weather, and limbs and trunk are most often affected. The itchy, tender skin resembles a dry, cracked, river bed.
- Seborrheic dermatitis:It causes dry or greasy peeling of the scalp, eyebrows, and face, and sometimes trunk.
- Genetic predisposition:
- A positive family history of immune-response related diseases such as asthma, hay fever and eczema increases susceptibility to eczema.
- Food: Dairy products, eggs, nuts, citrus food, seafood, food colors & preservatives.
- Environmental: Dust mites, moulds, pollens, synthetic clothing, washing powders, cosmetics etc
- Emotional Stress may aggravate or even initiate eczema.
- Prime symptom is itching. After itching it may lead to oozing of watery liquid or blood from the eruption.
- Chronic scratching causes the skin to blacken and thickens, also known as ‘Lichenification’.