Hemorrhoids also called piles, are swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and lower rectum.
What are the causes for Hemorrhoids?
- Hemorrhoids may result from straining during bowel movements or from the increased pressure on these veins during pregnancy
- Among other causes:
- Irregular bowel habits (constipation or diarrhea)
- Lack of exercise
- Nutritional factors (low-fiber diets)
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure (prolonged straining, ascitis, an intra-abdominal mass, or pregnancy)
- Obesity, prolonged sitting, a chronic cough and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Hemorrhoids may be located inside the rectum (internal hemorrhoids), or they may develop under the skin around the anus (external hemorrhoids).
Degrees Of internal Piles:
- First degree: Do not protrude from the anus
- Second degree: They protrude during bowel movement but return back afterwards
- Third degree: They protrude but can only be pushed back with your finger
- Fourth degree: They always stay outside and cannot be pushed back
External Hemorrhoids: Cause irritation, local soreness, burning and itching sensation. Streaks of bright red blood on toilet paper may be noticed.
Internal Hemorrhoids: Rectal bleeding in the form of drops of bright red/Dark blood in the toilet bowl or streaks on tissue paper, or blood mixed with stools during passing stools. They are painless unless when they get constricted by the anal muscles (fourth degree) or if they are thrombosed (clotted).
Precautions which can be taken
- Diet – A change in diet can help keep the stools regular and soft. This involves eating more fiber, such as fruit and vegetables, or even switching your cereal/Oats breakfast.
- Water is the best drink, and the patient may be advised to increase his/her water consumption. Some experts say too much caffeine is not good.
- Body weight – if the patient is obese, losing weight may help reduce the incidence and severity of hemorrhoids
Constitutional Homoeopathic medicines have its action specifically on –
- Engorgement of the rectal veins and relieving them back to normal
- Constipation and ineffectual urge while straining to normal Bowel movements
- Heal lacerated veins and prevent bleeding and burning sensation
At Victory Homoeo Speciality Clinic
Most cases of Hemorrhoids have been successfully relieved or cured with the help of Homeopathic medicines. A number of individuals seen at our clinics were either recommended surgery or could not be relieved by conventional modes of treatment. Surgery can always be the last resort; however reoccurrence of hemorrhoids after surgery is a common occurrence.