It is one of the most common musculoskeletal disorders involving Lower Lumbar Spine, Lumbosacral Area & Sacroiliac joints.
Causes – Can be Acute or Chronic
- Developmental Defects – Spondylolysis & Abnormal vertebral Facets etc
- Trauma to Ligament, Muscles, Vertebra or Annulus with Disc Prolapse
- Infection – Pyogenic, Tuberculosis, etc.
- Inflammatory – Ankylosing Spondylosis
- Degenerative – Disc disease, Spinal Canal Stenosis
- Mechanical – Poor Posture, Obesity, Pregnancy
- Soft Tissue Rheumatism(soft tissue injuries are some of the most chronically painful and difficult to treat because it is very difficult to see what is going on under the skin with the soft connective tissues, fascia, joints, muscles and tendons.)
- Osteitis(Inflammation of Bone), Paget’s disease (Paget’s disease is a chronic disorder that can result in enlarged and misshapen bones. The excessive breakdown and formation of bone tissue causes affected bone to weaken, resulting in pain, misshapen bones, fractures, and arthritis in the joints near the affected bones.)
- Pain from Abdominal Viscera
- Clinical Features and Diagnosis
- Pain may radiate in Sciatica along the Nerve and involves even the lower limbs causing limitation in movement.
STRENGTHENING EXERCISES FOR LOW BACK