Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder of the skin characterized by dry skin and raised, rough, red areas on the skin covered with fine silvery scales. Psoriasis is a non-infectious disease.
Attacks are more common in winter than summer; the eruptions have a natural tendency to clear up with the warm weather.
Causes like Psychogenic factors increase the psoriasis – Positive emotions can enhance the immune system, while negative emotions can suppress it. Loneliness, anger, trauma, relationship problems, post-traumatic stress, infections last longer, sexual stress, stress disorder which are negative emotions will elevate levels of the stress hormones.
Normally your skin sheds its layers every 25-30 days. In psoriasis the affected lesions shed ever 3-4 days resulting in a buildup of silvery scales.
Types of Psoriasis
- Plaque Psoriasis: Characterized by hard, red, raised patches on the skin that have a silvery white, scaly coating, well-defined patches are referred to as plaques, and they usually start as small red bumps.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Drop-like dots, occurs after sterpto. Or viral infection, occurs in young adults and childrens.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pus-like blisters, non-infectious, fluid contains white blood cells.
- Inverse Psoriaisis: Occurs in folds of the skin,armpits, groins, under breasts.
- Nail Psoriasis: Seen on toenails and fingernails, starts as numerous pits, at time progresses to yellowing, crumbly and thickened nail, nails may slough.
- Palmar/Plantar psoriasis: Erythema, thickening and peeling of the skin, blistering is often present, can lead to disability.
- Scalp Psoriasis: Plaque type lesions, esp in occiput, scaling firmly adherent to scalp and assoc. with hair fall.
Our body constantly strives at bringing about normalcy by responding to changes it perceives reversible. In psoriasis and in most chronic ailments our body fails to respond appropriately due to a weakened state. Homeopathic medicines help by improving our body’s (immune) innate response and guide the body back to a healthy state, naturally.
- Initially, the intensity and frequency of Psoriasis will reduce.
- Relapses of the psoriasis attacks will reduce.
- Immunity and resistance of the person will improve.